Not your average chips and dip recipe! It’s like a cheese-ball, but it’s peanut butter. With chocolate chips! YUM! Recipe courtesy of Crazy for Crust.
• ¼ cup butter, softened
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup peanut butter (your choice; crunchy or smooth)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (up to 2 cups if needed)
• ½ cup mini chocolate chips
• Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for the outside of the football
• White chocolate or frosting for the football laces
Cream butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed (using a hand-held mixer). Mix in vanilla.
Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined. (If you want a stiffer mixture, add the extra ½ cup of powdered sugar.) Mix in chocolate chips. Turn out mixture on a large sheet of waxed paper. Use your hands to form into a football shape.
Place the waxed paper onto your serving plate. (It helps if the plate has sides…less mess!) Cover in sprinkles or chocolate chips, pressing them into the surface a little so they stick. Pipe on the laces using melted white chocolate or some leftover frosting and chill until ready to serve.
Serving suggestion: pretzels, animal crackers, cookies, a spoon.
Notes: If your mixture is too soft to form into a football shape, chill it for about 15-30 minutes. (The length of chilling time depends on how soft it starts.) The freezer will speed up this step.
Do you have a favorite dip? Have you ever tried a peanut butter dip like this? Share your thoughts in the comments below.